COLE: College Online Learning Excellence
College Online Learning Excellence (COLE) provides a foundation for developing the skills and strategies necessary to successfully complete classes/courses in an online or hybrid/learning environment in higher education.
COLE is specifically designed for full- or part-time undergraduate or graduate students who are new to the online learning environment. It’s delivered online: in real-time webinars, as recorded versions of those real-time webinars, or as pre-recorded webinars (without participants) for viewing on-demand.
- Describe key differences between various teaching modalities
- Recognize the benefits/challenges of learning in virtual classrooms
- Assess students’ current level of comfort with elearning
- Analyze the attributes of a successful virtual learner
- Develop effective online and hybrid/blended learning skills
- Create problem-solving strategies that support academic success
The three COLE webinars can be delivered all in one day, spread out over a week, or provided once per week for three weeks.