COTE: College Online Teaching Excellence
College Online Teaching Excellence (COTE) provides those teaching at the college level with best practices for reconceptualizing onsite teaching methods and instructional materials to be effectively applied in an online or hybrid/blended environment.
COTE is specifically designed for college level instructors and is delivered online: in real-time webinars, as recorded versions of those real-time webinars, or as pre-recorded webinars (without participants) for viewing on-demand.
- Describe key differences between various teaching modalities
- Analyze the attributes of a successful online instructor/facilitator
- Recognize the benefits of learning and teaching in virtual environments
- Generate course/class management strategies
- Create instructor/learner-generated activities that accommodate various learning styles
- Develop an online persona that builds positive relationships with adult learners
- Identify various options for communicating with students
- Utilize tools and create strategies that support successful elearning for a variety of learning styles
The three COTE webinars can be delivered all in one day, spread out over a week, or provided once per week for three weeks.