SOLE: Striving for Online Learning Excellence
Striving for Online Learning Excellence (SOLE) provides a foundation for developing the skills and strategies necessary to successfully complete classes/courses in an online or hybrid/blended learning environment.
In SOLE, students are introduced to, guided through, and participate in the kinds of activities likely to be required in an online or hybrid/blended class. Overall, SOLE provides students with practical skills and learning-management strategies necessary to support academic success.
SOLE is specifically designed for students in grades 9-12 and is delivered online: in real-time webinars, as recorded versions of those real-time webinars, or as pre-recorded webinars (without participants) for viewing on-demand.
- Describe key differences between various teaching modalities
- Recognize the benefits of learning in virtual classrooms
- Assess students’ current level of comfort with elearning
- Analyze the attributes of a successful virtual learner
- Develop effective online and hybrid/blended learning skills
- Create problem-solving strategies that support academic success
The three SOLE webinars can be delivered all in one day, spread out over a week, or provided once per week for three weeks.